View Poll Results: What impact will the ECB Rate Decision have on the Euro?
- 71. This poll is closed
Send Euro Higher!
Send the Euro Lower!
Will have no effect.
| || |
09-16-2010, 07:58 AM #45631
The US PPI can be a direct indicator of whether or not we are headed for rate hikes due to inflation so it usually has more immediate impact on the US dollar. The TIC flows show foreign buying of US treasuries, it sometimes has a muted impact on the market due to the fact that the report can show wide variance from month to month
Originally Posted by Donn
09-16-2010, 08:33 AM #45632
Originally Posted by AyoBro
Thanks a lot mate. Waiting for 3181 now then.
09-16-2010, 08:42 AM #45633
Closed longs for small profit because of news and now got buy order waiting at 1.3035 for re-test of previous resistence. Same targets as before.
Edit: Stop is 1.2945
Originally Posted by LRoy
Last edited by LRoy; 09-16-2010 at 08:44 AM.
09-16-2010, 09:00 AM #45634
It is possible that ITD3 high may have been reached this morning. Considering that there is a Fed meeting next week the price action might stall out for the next two days
09-16-2010, 09:02 AM #45635
and channel upper band (red line) as resist at 60M
Originally Posted by KUTERO
09-16-2010, 09:05 AM #45636
Congrats Stryker...wishing you all the best and hope she lets you get some sleep
Originally Posted by stryker
09-16-2010, 09:16 AM #45637
Originally Posted by Mary R
I recall a post of yours from either Friday, week-end, or Monday where you suggested I think " a few days of upside" given the *TD level at that time.
Well done and Thank you for sharing that.
09-16-2010, 09:37 AM #45638
No problem. Please check your indies for possible turn because though my 4hr is not ready(o/b), the 3102(1.382) just might hold. As far as trading what I see, 3123, 3126 & 3132 are the next set of hurdles that price has to jump over, to get to 3181.
Originally Posted by avkuvalekar
Go ahead switch the style up' And if they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up.'
09-16-2010, 09:43 AM #45639
If 1.3090 resistance former support is broken then next target is 200 SMA at 1.3247. However it's also possible to go short from here as price is touching broken medium term ascending support line. Stop for short would be above 200 SMA. I'm currently long on this with B/E stop. I favour upside atleast to 1.3179 as market is trying to fill price action from 1.3179 to 1.2868 (the long red candle from 11/08/2010)
Also I'd take in count that if todays daily candle closes above 1.3050 there is a potential further move up.
09-16-2010, 10:53 AM #45640
end game is near
should be diving soon, brownies bear where are u? honey dripping...
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM #45641
09-16-2010, 11:13 AM #45642
Hi, Good morning, Stryker
Originally Posted by stryker
Have a good day
09-16-2010, 12:09 PM #45643
Thanks for the note of support! I was surprised about the sharp spike we saw on Tuesday, I think that may have been due to reports that some central banks were going to increase purchases of gold bullion for the first time in years, which may have caused a short lived panic-type sell off in the US dollar. If we don't see another move tonight into tomorrow I think the next move will come after the Fed announcement Tuesday
Originally Posted by Colly
09-16-2010, 12:25 PM #45644
5 min chart update, either ED or expanded flat w4
09-16-2010, 02:12 PM #45645
Bullish Euro Trend Channel
A break above the 1.3120 would reinvigorate Euro Bulls.
Trader, Gregory McLeod moderates the DailyFX Forum.
If you are a new user to the DailyFX Forum, or not sure where to get started, please go to: How To use the DailyFX Forum
and Introduce Yourself!
Section. I’ll introduce you to the community and point you in the right direction.
Please use the “Ask the expert”
section to ask me trading questions or reply to me in this thread.
Webinar: Watch me Trade Live Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 5:30 ET/9:30 GMT in Pip & Run Trading Room.
For short term forex trading or scalping follow me on Twitter @gregmcleodtradr
Tags for this Thread
Disclaimer: Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to trade foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices, or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. Forex Capital Markets LLC. will not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.