View Poll Results: What impact will the ECB Rate Decision have on the Euro?
- 71. This poll is closed
Send Euro Higher!
Send the Euro Lower!
Will have no effect.
| || |
06-26-2012, 07:29 AM #78961
well i got triggered for a long 1.2490. might get stopped, but looking at the larger TF, we break lower which could trigger another leg down on 4 hour for a lower low. waiting for my scalp to move in to profit maybe above channel high at some point before next week :P
06-26-2012, 07:55 AM #78962
In charts i see a possible long up to 2560/70 before big leap under 2450
06-26-2012, 08:03 AM #78963
yep with you on wanting to see some kind of retracement, but i hate how price is moving. i opened two longs.
Originally Posted by didoda
lets see if price can respect support daily S1. some poss divergence which could take price to 1.25. if so ill close for 25 pips profit
if we go lower passed s1 ill be STOPPED....... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol
06-26-2012, 08:10 AM #78964
Originally Posted by jogold18
i really think that w/ trendlines, fibs are the most useful useful supplement
06-26-2012, 08:11 AM #78965
DailyFX.com Bulls vs. Bears: The Spread Betting Morning Update June 26 - 2012
Bulls vs Bears - The spread Betting Morning Update June 26 - 2012 | DailyFX: Bulls vs Bears on Blip
06-26-2012, 08:17 AM #78966
06-26-2012, 08:22 AM #78967
Hey hey Foxy! Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I feel somewhat vindicated as my positions that got "stopped out" are up considerably now! I kept telling myself I was right but couldn't bear (no pun intended) to see any more losses accrue so I left the stops. Well, this morning those same trades are extremely profitable! The conservative side of me doesn't like having open trades overnight with no stops as I don't trust this Pair at the moment! I'm interested to read the rest of the thread I missed while sleeping and catch up to what people expect today! I'll be back in it soon!
Originally Posted by Foxy1
06-26-2012, 08:29 AM #78968
yeah its also true, but i love my pivots, but like today when i dont keep to my system i get burnt. my system was telling me sell hard, but my gut wanted to see a break higher and as it got lower and lower i added a long. then it broke lower, got stopped and figured to hell with longs, go short lol. anyway went short for a fast 8 pips closed half leaving the rest open will enter again short. im only down 35 pips. ill make it back to at least break even.
Originally Posted by MysticMegatron
i have these periods of really just shutting off my head to my system and going with my gut.
im still human and have weaknesses that i have not conquered in trading .....
one day one day.
Last edited by jogold18; 06-26-2012 at 08:33 AM.
06-26-2012, 08:29 AM #78969
missed my entry.....
set my entry at 1.25300 last night and the high was 1.25295????!!!!!! AArrgghhhhhh!!!! almost but not close enough...now I need to find another entry....
06-26-2012, 08:30 AM #78970
Sometimes ya just got to get up and walk away, I had nice limits set on EU and GU shorts, I did not have a good feeling so I closed them out for just a little more than break even.
30 minutes later limits all reached !! If only I had gone for a walk. LOL
100 pips turned into 14 pips, what a trader I am !!
06-26-2012, 08:33 AM #78971
Originally Posted by NoGrn4grnhorn
06-26-2012, 08:38 AM #78972
gotta stick to the original bear flag i traded on. call for more down. its just been going SOOO slow down i sometimes think its going to change direction before it even shows signs of changing....
anyway, went for another short, 1 min high looking for a touch of 1.2450. will close for a small loss and finish the day.
06-26-2012, 08:38 AM #78973
30 Min is oversold and 4H is close. Daily has room to run. I'd bet there are a few more short entry opps coming.
06-26-2012, 08:44 AM #78974
yep, me too. was thinking there might be scope for a bigger turnaround yesterday, and had some nice longs off right at the bottom, first scalps then long holds on the re-test. was initially looking for min 12540s when i woke this am, but after reading the news and seeing the resistance on the 2H i decided to bail.
Originally Posted by jogold18
didn't short from the 50 as i was still unsure of the potential for retrace but i had the level there and should have just followed the trend
06-26-2012, 08:50 AM #78975
Anyone looking to reload with short positions if we get a correction to 1.25?
Tags for this Thread
Disclaimer: Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to trade foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices, or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. Forex Capital Markets LLC. will not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.