WEEK 1 – BASICS OF STRATEGIES
Follow Claudio in a step by step construction of a complete strategy.
• What should be done inside of Construct, Initialize and Execute.
• Customizing your strategy using inputs for new variables.
• Customizing your indicator and coding your strategy to receive updated numbers from that indicator.
• Setting up specific orders for opening and closing trades.
• Combining these elements by setting up specific logic for your strategy to place and manage trades.
Download Week 1 Project Files:
WEEK 2 - BASICS OF AN INDICATOR
• Creating your own custom indicators
• Plotting and using custom indicators on charts
WEEK 3 - BASICS OF A FUNCTION
• Structures and Uses of Functions
WEEK 4 - OPENING ORDERS
• IPrice, Market and Market Range orders WEEK 5 – CLOSING ORDERS
• Understanding the specifics of each of the inputs
• Maximize utility by using the correct Open Order type
• Learn the specifics behind all the different ways to close trades
• Trailing Stops, By Entry, Market, Market Range
• Maximize utility by using the correct Close Order type
WEEK 6 – HOW TO KEEP TRACK OF AND UTILIZE MULTIPLE POSITIONS AT THE SAME TIME
• Learn the specifics behind managing multiple positions
• See how to check on past chart trades to possibly base future trades on
WEEK 7 – UTILIZING MULTIPLE TIME FRAMES
• Analyze and act on multiple time frames
WEEK 8 – INTRA BAR ORDER GENERATION
• Explanation of differences between:
o IOG - Intra-Bar Order Generation
o Executing on candle closes
• Learn to control when certain parts of the code execute
• Code execution based on:
o Other inputs
WEEK 9 – BRINGING IN OUTSIDE DLLS AND ACCESS FXCM ACCOUNT INFORMATION
• C# allows to call outside DLLs
• Also to connect to a database to even more complex strategies
WEEK 10 – HIDE YOUR CODE IN A .NET DLL THEN LEARN TO SELL AND MARKET YOUR STEA COMMERCIALLY
• Learn to put all your code into a DLL to protect your intellectual property